Peacock

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bear Cookies

A little while before I started blogging, Blake was taking a nap and I was bright-eyed-and-busy-tailed! There was no way I was going to catch any sleep, so I decided to do something sweet (literally) for my hubby pants :)

One of my amaXIng sisters got me 101 cookie cutter for my wedding present and I had yet to try them out 4 months or so into the marriage (a shame I know), so I figured it was time to be all wifely and bake some cookies for my hubs!

Also, the week before, I found out that the whole time we had been married I had been making us chocolate chip cookies while Blake liked sugar cookies better! How terrible! This was all about to change though....! I turned on my oven, got out my cookie dough, rolled it out, and started cookie-cutting! (which was bunches of fun until I tried to get them to the cookie sheet without them falling apart!)
Here's what it looked like before they went in the oven:


And here's what they looked like out of the oven!


The bear is a little pudgy, but that's okay! The cutest things usually are! :)
And I don't know if you noticed the John Hancock at the bottom of the plate:


But, yep! My husband painted that plate when we went to Painted By U for my 18th birthday (back when we were merely girlfriend and boyfriend...ah...nostalgia)

Anywho, I was so proud of my accomplishment, I went right into the bedroom, woke Blake up, and said "look what I made for you!" To which he mumbled some incoherent, sleepy words and I realized I was crazy to try to talk to him while he is in sleepy mode! Later on he was really happy that I made them and was super cute (I should have known to wait a bit...lesson learned...) :)

See! Here we are super happy and making weird faces (semi-weird...I actually don't remember if we meant to look weird or if it was just because I tried to take this picture like 10 times...)


Either way, he was happy, his tummy was full, and I felt like a good-wifey-bearness! :)

So I have a little challenge for you! Try to do something like this for someone you love (whether it be a significant other, parent, best-friend, whoever) and come back here, comment, and tell us what you did! It's really amazing how great it feels to do something benevolent for someone you care about! Or even someone you don't care about!!! Ready, Set, GO! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment