Peacock

Monday, June 20, 2011

Let's Play Catch Up!

Hi all!
I know I've been away for a while (a whole 2 weeks! What was I thinking?!) But I'm back now! I took a little vacation from blogging to relax a bit and not bore you with the not much of anything I had to talk about! Honestly I haven't really been doing that much here lately. Now that school is out and sorority life has slowed down quite a bit, I've had so much free time that I wasn't really sure what to do with it! I had been crafting and blogging to pass the time, but let's be honest, that stuff takes dinero and if you're trying to be fiscally responsible, you should probably watch how much you spend on crafty stuff because it's so fun that it can get out of hand realllly quickly! So basically I took a break but I did actually do some stuff! Oh you want to know what I did? Thought you'd never ask ;)

I've been watching copious (read: way to much) amounts of television. Actually, I've been watching my computer screen because Blake and I don't have cable (fiscally responsible, remember?), but I've been rewatching the newest seasons of The Vampire Diaries and The Office. Which are amazing, by the way. If you are a fan of either of those shows, bravo. Good choice. And let's be friends. :) Those I watched on my own (Blake, like most guys, is not a fan of vampire love stories....and he's also not huge on watching tv episodes he's already seen and since we've seen all of The Office, I just rewatched them all by my lonesome). We did watch something amazing together though! Burn Notice. Best summer show ever! (Blake thinks it's the best show period, but the aforementioned shows take the lead in my book). I'm not sure how long it took us to watch it from Season 1 to Season 4 but we watched like two episodes a night for a few weeks, so the fact that we're all caught up and have to wait for the newest episodes to come out this Thursday (all the best shows air on Thursdays) leaves a baby pang of sadness in my heart (but it's accompanied by super excitement for Thursday so....yeah). Needlesstosay, it's been kinda weird without a two hour television event with the hubby pants every night, but we're dealing :)

Even though I mentioned that sorority life has slowed down quite a bit, my office in the sorority, Membership Vice President, hits its peak during the summer, so I've still had plenty to do as far as planning for recruitment goes. I've been attempting to coordinate a retreat, figure out cool facts about AXiD that would be cool for sisters to know, choose outfits, dances, songs, lyrics, glitter, find stuff in storage units, try to figure out what we still have and what we've thrown out....it has definitely kept me busy! :) But I know it'll definitely be worth it once we have new sisters to share our bond and secrets with! YaY! :)

I've also been trying to keep up my housewifely duties! I vacuumed yesterday! And it was epic. Not really. I hate vacuuming, but I did it! And I have to say it looks pretty snazzy :) I also have been trying to keep up the dishes and the laundry and dusting and all that fun stuff! I've actually done some more organizing, which I will probably show you guys later. But I have to say, through all the cleaning sprees I've had, there are some things that I just don't know what to do with! I read on someone's blog that it's good to have a junk drawer as long as your clean it out every once in a while, and I can see how that's helpful! There are just random things that don't really belong anywhere but I can't throw them out because I know as soon as I do, we'll need those things! Ugh! So frustrating!!

Blake and I are continuing to read through the Old Testament and we're in 2 Chronicles now... :)

I've been trying out more of Abby at My Yellow Sandbox's hairstyles, which you'll see more of in coming days :)

I've been preparing for Alpha Xi Delta's national convention that's in Atlanta in July (we have to wear business casual attire and pack extra for sisterhood events and stuff and I just don't have that much stuff! So I've been on a mission to buy (cheaply of course) cute stuff for convention!)

And I've been getting things together for Blake and my one year anniversary that's coming up this Sunday! (crazzzzy that it's already been a year!!! Holy moley!!)

So what have you guys been up to while I've been away?? Watched any cool shows? Found any random stuff you don't know what to do with in your house?

No comments:

Post a Comment