Peacock

Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Little Bit About Me!!

Hello World!
My name is Crystal McDermott and I'm super excited to start this blog! I must admit that it was assigned to me by my Newswriting Professor but! I have actually been thinking about it a lot lately (ever since I fell in love with a few blogs of my own). The main thing that held me back was not knowing exactly what I wanted to blog about! Which leads me to my about me...(everytime I see "about me" myspace memories/nightmares come flooding back lol)...because I am the basis of what I decided to blog about! (exciting, right?)
Here is a bulleted list of everything I can think of about myself at the moment!
  • Disciple (aka I'm a Christian but I'm not the stereotypical Christian that picks up Christianity on Sunday morning and drops it off when I leave out of the church)
  • Newlywed
  • I love to sing!! And have for as long as I can remember!
  • Alpha Xi Delta
  • Student at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (Go Blazers!!!) :)
  • I love cheesy/dorky jokes!!
  • self-professed optimist
  • Smallville and Superman fanatic
  • Which led me to be in love with all things comics
  • I like to think of myself as a professional googler
  • And also a "maker-upper of funny lyrics to go with popular songs of the day"
  • Vampire Diaries fan! (That will probably take my previous obsession void that smallville will leave behind when it goes off the air in May **sigh**)
  • I HEART TAYLOR SWIFT!!! :)
  • I love politics
  • And I love business!
  • I have recently been teaching myself how to play guitar
  • And I really want to be a DIY-er! (though I haven't quite mastered that yet)
That's pretty much all I can think of at the moment, but the plan for this blog is for me to share with all of you the adventures of my life! That way maybe I can make you laugh when you're having a crappy day, or show you my mistakes so you don't make them again, or just rant to make myself feel better (promise I'll keep those to a minimum)! 
Everything in my life is changing at a constant rate of the speed of light and in those changes come triumphs, failures, laughter, and tears, but that's life! And the best way to get through all of it is to focus on The Brighter Things! 
Talk to y'all soon!!
Have a super fantastic day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment